yoga is a practice to keep your body and mind fit for life time .its an alchemy that turns every body into energetic soul ,when in full effect it gives midas touch to body strength ,sustaining peace all around .
Practice yoga to stay fit and healthy ,but to do that you need to buy a nice quality yoga mat to get the experience that nothing else can give .so get rid of your old and poor quality yoga mat if you have any to get a new one from the list of best 2020 yoga mats given below to get an unforgettable yoga session every day ,thus elevating your quality of life and standard of living with peace all around and creativity along with productivity at peak in everything you do in life
- 1 Some of the important features of yoga mats to look out for while purchasing a good yoga mat as per your requirement
- 2 Best Yoga mats 2021
- 3 1. Gaiam Print Premium Reversible Yoga Mats
- 4 2. Manduka PROlite Yoga and Pilates Mat
- 5 3. Jade Harmony Professional 3/16-Inch Yoga Mat
- 6 4. Hugger Mugger Para Rubber Mat
- 7 5. Clever Yoga Premium Mat BetterGrip Eco-Friendly
- 8 Benefits of yoga mats
- 9 FAQ on Yoga Mat
Some of the important features of yoga mats to look out for while purchasing a good yoga mat as per your requirement
durability: A good yoga mat will always come with durability and firmness to withstand all kinds of yoga practices and regimes to witness the sands of time from generations to generations.
- portability: Make sure that the yoga mat is portable, as you may be carrying it to a different place to perform yoga regime, so a yoga mat with appropriate weight and dimensions will make it portable and travel-friendly.
- grip and stability: A firm mat with good grip and stability will make sure that all your standing yoga postures and exercise goes like a breeze without any obstruction or slipperiness.
comfort: before buying a mat take a look at the comfort factor of the mat that’s its proving, check for extra cushion as it could prevent squirming while performing kneeling postures along with bending giving you a comfortable yoga workout on the mat.
price: while buying a yoga mat keep its price in mind and buy one which suits your pocket ,but also not to forget that you don’t buy yoga mats every other month, so spending some extra money on yoga mat to get better quality would be of more worth in long run rather than buying a substandard one with lower price tag every few months .
size: before buying a yoga mat take a look at the size of the mat, and buy one which fits your body type and size otherwise you would end up in a bad mood leaving a bad review about the mat just because it didn’t fit your body size.
smell and stinky nature: you may find some of the yoga mats having strong smell when you buy them ,its due to the material used in the mat manufacturing .some time it can be unbearable for some people, so you can choose the mat accordingly, although its for sure that whichever mat you choose, every one of it will have little bit of smell because its new and packed but it will go as you start using the mat and it becomes old.
- Material: yoga mats comes in different material types so you need to buy which suits your need the best and will last longer without harming the environment. some popular mat materials include jute, PVC, cotton, rubber etc. pvc material is tough and easy to use and allows you to do all yoga poses but it has some ecological disadvantages. rubber mats have a good built quality and are eco-friendly in nature which makes them an alternative to PVC mats but it has latex in it so if you are allergic to latex then don’t buy else it is good for daily yoga. cotton mats are good and comfortable to do yoga on and they absorb your sweat and gives good grip besides being environmentally friendly. jute mats are solid and tough mats and last longer. they give good grip and traction and support to its users with ease.they are also sustainable like cotton mats.
So folks after keeping all the essential features of a good yoga mat in mind we have come up with some of the best yoga mats found in the market which you can buy with discount and are worth your money. it is time to drool over the list of top yoga mats for best yoga practices from best brands right below to know what are the best yoga mats to keep our body and mind healthy
Best Yoga mats 2021
Gaiam yoga mat is a good quality and durable yoga mat that comes with nice reversible design pattern on it to keep it looking good and make you feel good while practicing yoga.
moreover not to forget that it comes with yoga workout download guide to perform the yoga like never before to keep your body healthy and fine for a long time.
It comes with extra cushion space of 5mm which makes it soft on edges to perform yoga asanas with ease on its 68″L x 24″W surface.
however it has its downside too as some people found that its print is not of high quality and sticks around while on the floor and will start fading after some time of good use, but if you can ignore this minor glitch in print quality, then you can buy this one with discount easily.
Manduka is one of the trusted and reputed names when it comes to yoga mat and they well deserve it also ,as many people have rated it 5 stars due to its extra level of comfort along with lifetime guarantee to get it replaced if something went wrong, which gives an edge over other substandard products in market, as we all know, the one who is strongest and has faith in its product only dares to lifetime guarantee.
although some people find it extra heavy which makes it difficult to carry while traveling but being a 71-inch mat with 0.25-inch thickness add an extra level of comfort which definitely outdoes its little extra weight for its owner
this high quality comes in variable sizes to choose according to the requirement and is very versatile to use on variety of surfaces like carpet ,floor ,wood etc for best performance without wearing out edges or seeping in your sweat while performing yoga into the mat which could potentially be a bacteria breeder in future but not in this mat 🙂
You can also buy Manduka PRO Yoga and Pilates Mat if you want the extra long mat to fit in yourself easily.
Jade harmony is high quality professional yoga mat to give you the right balance and stability while performing yoga poses on this mat to keep your body and health in right shape .not to forget that it is made up of natural rubber with an open cell structure.
so you will definitely like it if you are an eco friendly freak of just love environment as this company also plants a new tree for every mat sold,but downside of this being is that natural rubber may stick, expand when exposed to natural sun heat, that’s why it would be good for you to avoid direct sunlight yoga practices, instead go in shades of tree with cool breeze around or indoors in big hallway to practice your favorite yoga moves .
besides all this mat comes in 2 sizes of 68 inch and 74 inches and offer slip resistance along with perspiration on the surface of the mat to give you the best yoga practices on this jade yoga mat .moreover you can wash it out in open with normal soap and water to rid of dirt from it
hugger Mugger yoga mat also seems to be a natural rubber made long lasting and durable eco-friendly yoga mat with nice marble-like effect to make it look nice .it comes with slip resistance surface to perform your twist, turns and jumps with ease while performing yoga on this amazing mat by Hugger Mugger.
it comes with 1/4” thickness for good comfort and cushion to perform yoga moves without hurting your body or feet at all .its sustainable and durable too
people who buy this at discount love it, because of its good quality and you can choose from variable color marble texture as per your liking.
clever yoga mat is one of the most sought-after yoga mats in market ,that’s why it made to this list because it is made up of high quality and is very economically priced .its made up of 100% recyclable and eco friendly TPE material which helps the mat to remain odor free and UV resistance all the time to give you a yoga experience which you deserve to make your each day good
it has a strong grip and doesn’t slip which makes it easy for you to perform all the standing yoga asanas and other exercises easily on either side this clever yoga mat as its reversible too.it great yoga mat for beginners.
it is 72 inches long and 6mm thick which gives additional cushioning for extra comfort ,but some people complain about being thick, as it adds weight to the mat which people cant carry, but they can carry their fat belly around ….just joking 🙂 .go and check your belly fat with body fat scales and then do yoga to get rid of it .
not to forget that it too comes with a lifetime guarantee, so if you don’t like it or got one with some defect than you can get a replacement or full money back easily.
so guys if you are looking for something economical, that performs and fulfill all the essential need of yoga mat, then it is for you, buy this and you won’t regret as its durable and any or all members of your family can use it easily.
Benefits of yoga mats
Yoga mats provide comfort while doing any kind of yoga exercise on the mats which makes them super useful and must for regular yoga doers to get the real benefit of yoga without compromising with any kind comfort while doing the exercises.
Improve body balance
when you use a good quality yoga mat for practicing yoga then you are able to do al the yoga asanas correctly for a longer period of time as your body balance on the mat is much higher than on the bare ground.your body gets perfectly align to the mat to do all asanas in different postures without hurting your muscles and bones which improves your overall body stability, flexibility, and balance.
Prevents unwanted injuries
Marble floors and wood surface are slippery which makes doing yoga asanas on floor prone to unwanted accidents and injuries which could rupture your muscles, break your bone etc although any serious injuries are rare while doing yoga yet its advised to use good quality yoga mats which comes with firmness and gives your body stability to perform all kinds of yoga asanas easily without any hassles and worries.
Creates a nice scared aura
it makes your surroundings and aura very calm and relaxing and you tend to enjoy your yoga practice as it gives your happiness from within besides rejuvenating your soul and keeping the fit and healthy.it doesn’t matter whether you are doing yoga in an open park with the cool breeze blowing around or a yoga studio with a nice yoga mat at your disposal you will always feel awesome.
FAQ on Yoga Mat
what should be the ideal thickness of yoga mat
Generally, standard yoga mats come with a thickness of 1/8 inches and the ones which are thick mats, are about 1/4 and travel yoga mats which are quite thin are about 1/16. so you can choose any mat with different thickness according to your requirements and body comfort while practicing yoga.
what is the ideal size of yoga mats
There is no ideal size of yoga mats, they come in variable sizes and forms. standard size is 68 inches by 24 inches but if you are long then buy bigger one according to your body requirement. there is no set of rules to follow while buying a yoga mat. you can buy ay goo quality mat to fit your body which could last longer and help you stay fit and healthy.
How to clean yoga mat effectively
while doing yoga on a mt it gets dirty as it absorbs our body sweat which comes out while performing yoga and many more dust particles and unwanted things from the environment which needs to be removed from time to time to prevent any bacteria and virus infestation on the mat as it could be harmful to our body health.
To clean your yoga mat you need to wipe it off with any mat cleaner and brush after every time you perform yoga on it as it helps to get rid of dust particles from it and keep the mat clean besides enhancing its lifetime and durability.
you can use a solution made from 1/3 water + 2/3 white vinegar + little scented essential oil mixed and stored in a spray bottle to clean the mat as its nontoxic, homemade and cheap yoga mat cleaning solution to keep your mat clean for longer without adding any hefty bill of cleaning products to your pocket.
to clean the mat all you need to do is spray the solution on the mat and keep it like that for 10 minutes and then clean with a dry cloth, do this on both sides to keep your mat ultra clean.
moreover, if your yoga mat supports washing machine cleaning then once in a month you can put it in the machine with some good quality detergent to get it clean.
What to do with an old yoga mat
There are a number of ways you can use your old yoga mat for various different purposes once it gets worn out instead of throwing it, some of them are shared below.
1. you can use them under your house indoor plants to prevent any water leakage or unwanted stains on your expensive house floor or rugs. To make it look cool you can cut the old yoga mat into small pieces of the size of your plants.
2. you can take it to park or outdoor games when going with your family or friends and use it for sitting to prevent wet grass, mud or any other dirty elements on ground spoil your clothes and ruin your outings.later on you can clean it with running water and dry it under the sun for next time use.
3. you can keep the old yoga mat in the house entrance as doormats to keep the mud off from your shoes when you enter the house.
4. you can donate to old age homes to keep beside the mats to prevent old people from slipping on the floor while walking on the floor and standing up.
5. you can use it for your pets sleep time as floors can be cold sometimes and if you don’t have the budget to buy a separate bed for them due to financial issues then yoga mats can be used for them for better sleep free from cold.
6. you can cut the old yoga mats to make them mouse pads to use with your mouse comfortably without any issues
7. you can use yoga mats as kitchen shelves liners to give them a great look and keep the kitchen shelves area clean. all you need to do is take shelf measurement and then cut the mat accordingly to place it on the kitchen shelves.
8. you can cut and place the old yoga mats on your staircase starting and ending and also on steps to make it skid free and slip resistance.
9. you can cut several small pieces of your old yoga mat after washing it in the machine to use them as a coaster for cups and glasses in your home.
10. you can also make small knee caps from your old yoga mats by cutting them in small sizes and putting a strong thread or ribbon or soft wire across both sides to use them while gardening sessions or when you are doing household chores, working on the floor for some work, working in the kitchen. you can also put them on your small kids in the home as it would help them prevent knee injuries and bruises as small kids keep on falling on the floor while they are learning to walk and stand.
so guys if you are serious about your health, yoga is something I would recommend everyone to do every day for rest of your life and see the change in your life, your days will be much more energetic and vibrant and you will never feel on low energy throughout the day.also not to forget that yoga also helps in preventing varicose veins in muscles too.
Read this also: best waist trimmers
but for performing yoga appropriately you need a good yoga mat, that’s why we have listed some of the best yoga mats for you to choose from and buy with discount and do yoga keep your body and mind healthy on these awesome and best yoga mats.
My name is Tushar, I am a fitness expert and product review enthusiast for over a decade who provides best and unbiased reviews for products available in the market on this website after doing hours of research on various topics and products including health and fitness. To read more about Tushar and this website mission head over to our About us page.