healthy food and proper nutrition is the prime requirement of our body to keep it active and disease free full of energy all the time to live a blissful life with our loved ones .
Basically Nutrition is the science that interprets the interaction of nutrients and other substances in food (e.g. phytonutrients, anthocyanins, tannins, etc.) in relation to maintenance, growth, reproduction, health, and disease of an organism and living being .
so come guys without a do lets drool over the great and interesting facts list about nutrition value in various food right below .
First lets look at some vegetable nutrition facts
- Green-tipped bananas are better for our health than fully ripped bananas.
- Beet roots are high in carbohydrate concentration and should, therefore, be used occasionally
- Broccoli contains twice the vitamin C of an orange due to its green color.
- Cilantro may be useful to treat many kinds of urinary tract infections in short time.
- Fresh beans contain vitamin A, B-complex vitamins, calcium and potassium to make us healthy
- Kale reduces all kinds of lung congestion and is beneficial in stomach, liver problems and in strengthening immune system
- Onions are an excellent source of antioxidant, and they contain anti-allergy, antiviral and antihistamine properties to ease out many kind of viral and oral infection including fever etc.
- Parsley is useful as a digestive aid for curing stomach and digestive system troubles.
- Peanuts contain about the same amount of protein as found in soy and are low in starch and carbohydrates contents .
- Pumpkin seeds contain a high concentration of zinc, which is good for the prostate and building the immune system stronger.
- Radishes have antibacterial and anti-fungal properties to cure many kind of skin and allergy problems
- Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of carotenoid along with antioxidants .
- Tomatoes are an excellent source of vitamin C (the vitamin C is most concentrated in the
jelly-like substance that surrounds the seeds) which makes them good for our skin and immune system
- Vegetables are good to eat because they are rich in vitamins,minerals fibers and antioxidants .
Now we will read some general yet interesting nutrition facts
- During food processing, many of the beneficial nutrients in the food are lost due to cooking etc.
- from almost all types of junk foods, sugar-sweetened beverages are the most fattening of all which makes to obese if consumed regularly.
- Nutrients are divided into majorly 2 groups: macro nutrients and micro nutrients. Macro nutrients include protein, carbohydrates, water, and fats. Micro nutrients includes all kinds of vitamins and minerals.
- The word “health” is derived from the Anglo-Saxon term hal meaning “wholeness.
- Minerals constitute 4% of our total body weight. Unlike carbohydrates, fats, and proteins, they do not provide energy. Minerals include calcium, iron, and sodium to make our body fit and strong from inside out.
- A deficiency of calcium and vitamin D during childhood causes rickets in bones (deformed bones). The bones can become so weak that they can’t withstand the body’s weight, causing bow legs or knock knees. Once malformed, bones cannot be straightened.so take adequate vitamin D regularly to stay healthy.
- Americans collectively consume approximately 900 billion calories each day.
- The best way to lose weight is to eat fewer calories and regularly go to exercise. Experts say people willing to lose weight will get good results from regular exercising on fitness gear and wearing waist trainers while workout.
- Eggs contain the highest quality food protein known. All parts of an egg are edible, including the shell which has a high calcium content.
- A person will eat an average of 35 tons of food in his or her lifetime, or 1,500 pounds of food a year.
- Dry fruits almost lead to almost 50% nutrition lose in them.
- Do you know tomatoes,pumpkin, and watermelons are berries but strawberry, blackberry are not berries.
I hope you enjoyed these amazing nutrition facts to the fullest.
let us know some more facts which you know in the comments section below.
To get updated with latest and interesting facts on Twitter @facts_arena